Facebook - are you
part of the explosion…?
Greetings from a sunny Gisborne and welcome to a new EC Newsletter,
Facebook is currently exploding in popularity with the age group of 35+ years of age.
Recent statistics show that over half of all web users in NZ access Facebook – but how do you leverage that user base for positive benefits for your business…?
Having a competitor getting into Facebook before you will make it harder to get traction for when you start using the tool too – now is the best time to get into Facebook and making it work for you and your business.
Using Facebook for business has many benefits – some can translate directly to the bottom line and can be measurable this week – while others have a long term effect on your bottom line.
Facebook can be used: -
- To offer special “Facebook only” offers on your wall to reward your Facebook followers and encourage them to spread the word about your products or services.
- To build your network by offering rewards to people to pass on your Page details (In Facebook terms “to suggest a page” to your contacts)
- To showcase recent activity in your business using the Photos and Videos uploads
- To ask for feedback about your company, your products & services or to get some new ideas for products and services
- As a way of starting conversations about topical issues within your industry or geographical base
- To showcase the “human” side of your business by letting people know what you have been doing over weekends or other holidays
- To showcase causes that you are a part of such as charities that you support or causes that you believe in
- To lengthen the duration of an event. Promote the event – perhaps even ask potential participants what they want to get out of the event before the event – then after the event thank attendees and prompt for feedback and images or outcomes of the event
- To allow your customers to upload and share their photos or videos of your products or services with you – and everyone else
- To position yourself as a thought leader in your industry or geographical region
- To build the search engine optimisation ability about your products and services
- To link through to your web site so that people can leave their email addresses with you so that you can get in touch with direct special offers outside of Facebook
Some clarification could also be needed at this time about the different “levels” of Facebook engagement:
- Profile – This is the user that logs into Facebook and normally is your personal account. Facebook deters businesses from having their own Profile – but you may want to create a new Profile just for your business so there is separation from your own Facebook account. In Facebook terms you become a “Friend” of a profile.
- Pages – These are created and administrated by Profiles & you can set up as many Pages as you like – and Pages can have more then one Administrator. Use these for your business – or have more then one with each one being a product or service or geographical offering of your business. In Facebook terms your raving fans “Like” a page. Google indexes Pages.
- Groups – These are more for Hobbies or Sports Groups rather than for Business – but you may wish to start one as a discussion area if your product or service is targeted to a particular fan base. Groups can be open to all, closed or by invite only. In Facebook terms you can “Like” a Group. Groups have less features then Pages and Google doesn’t index Groups content.
Let us know if you’d like us to help you build your fan page and please “Like” us at: -
Bonus Tool: -
Facebook can also be added to your web site – see how this works on www.ec2.co.nz or www.mondaymorning.biz
This helps spread the word that you are on Facebook and lets people see your postings and make a call on your content to see if they should “like” your page.
Have you seen the E-C Help section lately...?
It is available at www.ectoolset.com/help/
We've also archived these newsletters at www.ectoolset.com/news/
That's it for now - please do let us know what you think of the newsletter - and of the ec toolset and thanks for your business...!
Cheers and thanks again